Lori Streit, Ph.D.
Chemical and Environmental Science
Dr. Streit is a scientist with education and experience in the areas of surface analysis, microanalysis, materials characterization, chemistry, chemical analysis, materials analysis, material flammability, environmental science, and chemical safety and health. She has experience in the analysis and characterization of many substances, some of which are chemicals, metals, alloys, semiconductors, plastic, rubber, glass, ceramics, polymers, paper, textiles, minerals, composites, soot, soil, water, and air.
- Consumer product failures and customer returns
- Unwanted residues found during manufacturing processes
- Auto and mechanical equipment accidents – material transfer identification
- Fracture surface analysis of metal, glass, and plastic using optical microscopy and SEM/EDS
- Smoke alarm activation after smoke exposure
- Impurities in Chinese-manufactured drywall
- Black residue in residential and commercial structures
- Fire damaged products
- Electronic circuit contamination
- Carbon monoxide sensor analysis
- Chemical exposure
- Metal halide lamp explosions – fire residue